SEN Teaching Assistant – Ashford – Long term/permanent
Do you have experience working with pupils who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and/or have severe learning difficulties (SLD)
Are you keen to make a difference to the lives of children and young people whilst building your experience and furthering your career in SEND as an SEN Teaching Assistant
Would you like to join an SEN School who are in an exciting time of development and are opening new sites in September?
I am seeking an engaging passionate SEN Teaching Assistant in Ashford to work with a class of KS3-4 students with Severe learning difficulties.
The class is a very calm setting and the students are a mixture of verbal and nonverbal, some of the students also have mobility issues.
SEN Teaching Assistant Requirements
- Experience of working with children/young people with SEND specifically SLD
- Ability to communicate with PECS/Makaton desirable
- Nurturing and calm approach in SEN Teaching Assistant role
- Proactive, flexible and willing approach
What you can expect as a SEN Teaching Assistant
- Excellent experience and training for aspiring Teachers, Pastoral workers, Child Psychologists, Educational Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Counsellors, and Social Workers
- The opportunity to make a change a child/young person’s life and impact their learning and ongoing personal development
- Long term SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity
- The chance to work with likeminded, caring and experienced colleagues in an SEN specialist school
Interested in hearing more about SEN Teaching Assistant roles?
If you want to hear more about our SEND opportunities, please get in touch! You can apply by response to this advert