School Business Manager required for a secondary school in Chelmsford.
The role is based in Chelmsford and it is a Fulltime role TermTimeOnly. The school are looking for someone who can start January.
The perfect candidate will have previous experience as an Business Manager within a school or education setting.
The Business Manager duties and responsibilities will include
- The School Business Manager is the school's leading support staff professional and works as part of the Senior Leadership Team to assist the Headteacher in his/her duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
- The School Business Manager is responsible for providing professional leadership and management of school support staff in partnership with teaching staff, to enhance their effectiveness in order to achieve improved standards of learning and achievement in the school.
- The School Business Manager promotes the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensures the most effective use of resources in support of the school's learning objectives.
- The School Business Manager is responsible for the Financial Resource Management/Administration Management/Management Information and ICT/Human Resource Management/Facility & Property Management/ Health & Safety Management of the School.
Essential Qualifications and experience
- Recognised management/business qualification/s
- Recognised accounting qualification.
- Experience of managing within a school or other establishment.
- Evidence of finance, business or administrative management experience to support the day to day operation of an establishment/company within financial constraints.
- Evidence of being an effective leader
- Experience of managing strategic financial plans and influencing decision making.
- Experience of managing budgets, generating income/sponsorship opportunities, procurement and fixed assets.
- Experience of managing change and implementing new systems/ procedures/controls.
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and understanding of SFVS and financial requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of HR
- Ability to build and form good relationships with students, colleagues and other professionals.
- Able to lead, develop and motivate a team of staff, delegating duties as required including an ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with colleagues, students and other professionals.
- Ability to proficiently use office computer and finance software including, spreadsheet, database/s and internet systems.
- Ability and knowledge to produce budgets, reports, cash flow and financial and statistical summaries, ideally combined with operational experience.
- Good working knowledge of principles and methods of financial control and reporting, and their adaptation to various purposes, including the preparation of financial accounts.
- Working knowledge of law with regard to Health and Safety legislation, contracts, freedom of information act, copyright and data protection.
- A Working knowledge of facilities management
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Initiative and ability to prioritise one's own work and that of others to meet deadlines when under pressure.
- Able to follow direction and work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Able to constructively challenge self and others to continually improve own and team performance.
- Able to work flexibly, adopt a 'hands on' approach, and respond to unplanned situations.
- Ability to evaluate own development needs and those of others and to address them.
- A willingness to seek specialist advice and awareness of where to seek it.
- Able to attend evening meetings
- Efficient and meticulous in organisation.
- Commitment to the highest standards of child protection and safeguarding.
- Recognition of the importance of personal responsibility for health and safety.
- Commitment to the schools ethos, aims and its whole community.
If you are interested in the role or know someone who would be please either apply below, refer to a friend (*referral Bonus available if placed and worked 10 full days*) or contact Summer directly on 0203 651 3181.
*All candidates will be required to undertake a valid enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided*