SEN TA – Greenwich – Starting and interviewing ASAP
A organised and well run SEND 6th form College in Greenwich are looking to hire an experienced SEN TA to join the team ASAP, to work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
You must have
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- Experience with various SEND students needs; ASD, PMLD, Learning difficulties and personal care.
- Willingness to undertake relevant induction training
- Training in the relevant learning strategies, eg literacy#
- Appropriate first aid training and personal care or a willingness to undertake relevant training.
Support for Pupils
Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.
Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the teacher.
Support for Teacher
Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work.
Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals.
Assist with the planning of learning activities.
Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers.
Administer routine tests and invigilate exams and undertake routine marking of pupils’ work.
Provide clerical/admin support, eg Photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money, administering coursework etc.
Support for the Curriculum
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses.
- Undertake programmes linked to local and national learning strategies (eg literacy, numeracy, Foundation Stage profile, early years), recording achievement and progress and feeding back to the teacher.
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
- Prepare, maintain and use equipment/resources required to meet the lesson plans/relevant learning activity and assist pupils in their use.
Support for the School
- Work as part of the SEN Team.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtime when required.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required and take responsibility for a group under the supervision of the teacher.
The salary is competitive.
If this is of interest and you would like to hear more information, do not miss out please call Courtney on 0203 651 3181 or email me your updated cv. If this is not of interest and you know someone who may be suitable please forward their details (we offer £100 referral fee or any teachers placed).
I look forward to hearing back from you.