Tempest Resourcing are currently recruiting SEN teaching assistant to work in an outstanding school in Thurrock. I am looking for candidates that would be able to work 1 to 1 with a young student with mild ASD (Autism).
The Candidate – SEN Teaching Assistants – Thurrock Experience of working with children with SEN (Any)
- A can do attitude and a willingness to help in other areas of the classroom
- The ability to use initiative and work well under pressure
- The ability to communicate effectively with the children and other staff members
- Experience of any SEN specific training, i.e. PECS, Makaton, TEEACH, Team Teach etc. Would be useful but not essential.
The Role – SEN Teaching Assistants – Thurrock
- The role will involve working with pupils that are have autism (SEMH)
- Assisting students in their learning both on a 1-1 and group basis
- Assessing and accommodating individual learning needs of students
- Reporting on individual pupils progress
- encouraging the social and emotional development of pupils
Important Notice In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to
– Attend an interview in person;
– Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
– Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education.
We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.
LSA (Thurrock, East of England) has been filled. If you are interested in similar roles please click the apply below and we will be in touch soon.