This primary school is looking for an exceptional Learning Support Assistant to join their diverse and inclusive school. This school is located in Barnet (N3) with easy access to various transport links.
You will be responsible for providing 1 to 1 support to a pupil in Year 3 with ADHD, ODD (oppositional defiant disorder) and traits of ASD
You will be required to provide learning support for the pupil during the class and specifically during time outs and movement breaks. You will assist in developing their knowledge and work in partnership with parents, SENCO and the class teacher. You will contribute to the school's curriculum and maximise learning in the classroom, by providing necessary materials and resources. It is also essential that you are involved in the day to day planning and preparation of class activities, whilst ensuring that the pupils are motivated and encouraged to participate in activities that are outside their comfort zone.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified and trained to support pupils with ASD ODD and ADHD
- Training in Team teach (de escalation)
- Vast Experience working with in a Primary School
- Excellent knowledge of PECs, Makaton, Autism Bucket/box and utilising various SEN Techniques
- Part Time Role – 900 – to 1300 or 1200-1600 (5 days a week)
Benefits of Working with Tempest Education
- Competitive rates of pay
- A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role please send in your CV if you have any more questions please call Harry on 02036513181
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.