I am looking for a Learning Care Support Assistant to support 19 – 25 year old learners with PMLD. My client is looking for someone that has experience within Education SEN schools or experience within the care industry. The candidate should be passionate, someone who is engaging and willing to support on a one to one basis.
Main duties include
- To work with students within the classroom supporting the lecturer
- To support students either on a one to one basis or small groups
- Encourage students to work towards independence
- To assist students with personal care, feeding and administer medication
- To ensure safe travel and support during trips
- To complete formal termly reviews and keep accurate records regarding students’ progress
- Good standard of education including maths and English GCSE C or equivalent
- Experience with supporting young people
- Experience working with people with learning difficulties/disabilities and or challenging behaviour
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of the difficulties facing individuals with learning difficulties
- Manual handling training or willing to undertake training
- Medication training or willing to undertake training
If you feel you have the skill set and experience required, please contact Louise Drewrey for more information.