Learning Care Support Assistant
Are you an experienced LSA looking for a new challenge working with learners with with Learning disabilities? I am working with a client who is looking for a passionate and proactive candidate to join their team in September.
- Supporting learners in a class room and assisting the class tutor
- To work under the supervision and guidance of the Lecturer with students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- To provide one-to-one support, both direct and indirect, for students with learning difficulties and disabilities following mainstream courses, primarily in the learning environment
- To develop an understanding of the special educational needs of the student/s concerned
- Where appropriate to liaise between student, tutor and peer group to facilitate successful integration
- To assist in particular arrangements for formal student testing and assessments e.g. invigilating, reading, scribing etc
- A good general education including English and Maths at Level 2/3
- City and Guilds Learning Support Assistant Qualification or equivalent
- Experience of providing additional learning support to students aged 16 + in a Further Education Environment
- Experience of working with students with Behavioural, Social and Emotional difficulties and complex needs
- Experience of providing or assisting in personal care for individuals
TO APPLY To apply for this position, please submit your CV via the button below. Should your application meet the selection criteria, you will be contacted shortly by Louise Drewrey. Tempest Education will run an initial registration interview to be followed by either an interview, lesson observation or trial day at the schools discretion.
LCSA (Harrow, North London) has been filled. If you are interested in similar roles please click the apply below and we will be in touch soon.