Inclusion Manager – Bexley – April/September 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, knowledgeable Inclusion Manager to join a very inclusive, supportive and close- knit team at a School in Bexley starting April / September 2021.
About the role
- The Inclusion Leader holds a very strategic role in the senior leadership team of the school and includes coordinating appropriate provision for children with special needs and liaising with colleagues, parents/carers and outside agencies.
- The role also includes overseeing the ASD resource provision and tracking progress for our most vulnerable pupils with sensitivity and empathy
- Special Educational Needs Teaching and learning – Identify, adopt and monitor the most effective teaching approaches for those pupils with SEND, including intervention programs where necessary, sharing such approaches with colleagues.
- Recording and assessment – Work with colleagues to set challenging targets for raising achievement among pupils with SEND with robust tracking systems
- Contribute to Senior Leadership Meetings on the effectiveness of SEN provision in the school and be prepared to share this information with other stake holders.
- To lead on the weekly Vulnerable Children Meeting using ‘CPOMs and other sources of information to log concerns regarding pupils and decide actions.
- Update and report to the Principal and Governing Body on the effectiveness of provision for pupils with SEND.
- Take the lead in liaising, co-ordinating and managing all external support offered to the school.
- To lead in Performance Management of the Teaching Assistant Team and Resource Provision Team.
- To liaise with the local borough on SEN Funding, ensuring that the school is receiving the correct level of funding.
- NASENCO Qualification and 1 years’ experience as a SENDCO in a Primary School.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development; attendance on course, INSET, action research, personal study etc.
- Experience of successful leadership and management within a school or other educational setting.
- Ability to provide professional leadership and management of a staff team and contribute to the work of other teams to secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all pupils across the school.
- Have a clear DBS.
- Nurturing, caring and passionate about engaging learning.
- Be available 5 days a week.
- Be available to start ASAP
If you are interested in applying or hearing more about the Inclusion Manager role in South London, please call Courtney or apply and I will call you back.
Alternatively, if you know anyone who would be a good fit for this role, we do offer a referral fee £150 for any referred and placed successfully.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Inclusion Manager (Bexley, South East London) has been filled. If you are interested in similar roles please click the apply below and we will be in touch soon.