The DT Technician role will be to provide technical and curriculum support to the DT Department. The DT department consists of, Product Design, Art – Textiles and Cooking and Nutrition. This main focus of this role is to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- The DT Technician will work with teaching staff and technicians to identify technical support needs generated by the curriculum
- Maintain appropriate stock level of apparatus and tools.
- Assist pupils with practical tasks.
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained.
- Place and process stock orders and keep appropriate financial records, liaising with the finance department.
- Preparation of apparatus, materials and equipment for practical's in classes
We are looking for a candidate with design experience, working with machinery. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience working within education or working with young people.
If you're an experience DT Technician or looking for an opportunity within this type of position, please do get in contact.