Tempest Resourcing are recruiting on behalf of a School based in Harrow, North West London who are looking to secure a School Caretaker/Premises Assistant on a temporary basis.
This is an Independent Secondary School and Sixth Form with around 600 pupils. The School is spread across six buildings and you will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of these buildings along with the other premises staff. The sports grounds are on a 20-acre site situated just a 5-minute walk from the school.
- Monitoring and administering CCTV system
- Unsetting and setting of school alarm system
- Responding to, and resetting of, the school alarm, liaising with the police and alarm company.
- Checking and securing the school premises
- Drawing the attention of the appropriate authorities, via the Head Teacher, to any repairs or maintenance work, which is beyond the competence and responsibility of Caretaking staff.
- Directing workmen and contractors to the sites of repair and maintenance work and inspecting the work of contractors where there is a requirement to sign a satisfaction note.
- General porterage duties and moving of furniture
- Assisting teaching staff with simple tasks as requested
- Minor repairs to the fabric and fittings of the building and grounds, in addition to skills of painting and decorating.
To be eligible for this role you must
- Hold a current enhanced DBS certificate
- Have previous experience working as a Caretaker
- Be practical, with basic DIY skills
- Capable of establishing good working relationships with the head teacher, office and teaching staff, pupils, parents, cleaners, etc;
- Able to undertake physical elements of the role.
- To have the appropriate skills to carry a wide range of Minor Repairs
- To include electrical and/or plumbing and/or carpentry skills
If you believe the above position is suitable to you, then please apply with an up to date CV to be considered for this position.
Caretaker (Harrow, West London) has been filled. If you are interested in similar roles please click the apply below and we will be in touch soon.