Tempest Education are working in partnership with a large Primary School based in Ealing who are looking for a full-time caretaker to join them on a temporary basis. There is also an opportunity for this role to become permanent for the right candidate.
The hours for this role will be Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm.
– Open and close school -to include all appropriate gates, windows, doors and fire escapes for the purpose of school use, cleaning, maintenance, emergency services.
– Supervise the site compound when students arrive and leave the school, manage vehicle movement during this time making use of other site team members.
– Consult with Lead Caretaker / Facilities Manager for cover arrangements for lettings and out of school hours’ functions.
– Check weekly the proper operation and function of all alarms and fire equipment. Check daily emergency exits and entrances are not obstructed.
– Advising the Lead Caretaker / Facilities Manager of the cost of external providers and ensuring that a proper procurement process is adhered to when purchasing goods and services
– Maintain stock levels as required including ordering, filters and any spares and receipt of supplies.
– Vent heating system as required, check underfloor heating manifolds.
– Visual check on all pumps, clean all external parts of installed plant and clean boiler casings as required, with due regard to safety requirements including isolation of plant as required.
– Report all defects to the Lead Caretaker / Facilities Manager / appropriate maintenance contractor.
To be eligible for this role you must
Hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be happy to put one in process.
Have previous experience working as a caretaker/premise’s assistant within a school.
To hear more about this position, or other more suitable premises roles, please apply with an up-to-date CV or contact Ben Fox on 0203 651 3181.
Caretaker (Ealing, West London) has been filled. If you are interested in similar roles please click the apply below and we will be in touch soon.